Jobs in IDH
Job Openings in Indian Digital Heritage (IDH-Hampi) Project
Applications are sought for three Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) leading to Ph.D. position at DA-IICT and SVNIT, to work on research project sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, Govt of India.Candidates may visit the project website at http://intranet.daiict.ac.in/~mv_joshi/ for information about the overall project activities.
Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF) leading to Ph.D.
Total number of posts: 03
Project title: Immersive Navigation for walk through application. (Sponsored by DST in the category of India Digital Heritage for the site Hampi-Karnataka.)
Summary of the project
The project has two parts. Part I of the project aims at developing high quality digital immersive viewing system in terms of both the video and audio for the heritage site in Hampi-Karnataka. The second part concentrates on the acoustic analysis/synthesis of musical pillars of the Mahamandapam of Vitthala temple.
- M.E./M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering or Electronics and Communication Engineering or a
- B.E./B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering or Electronics and Communication Engineering (or a related discipline) and GATE qualified in related discipline.
Background in Image Processing/Computer Vision/Digital Signal Processing/Speech Communications/ Acoustics and knowledge of MATLAB/C/C++ will be an added advantage.
Duration: 3 years (with an initial appointment for one year and possible renewal for two more).
Location: Two JRFs will be working at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar and one will be working at SVNIT, Surat.
Salary: Compensation includes a salary of
- Rs 18,000 per month + HRA if applicable for M.E./M.Tech. qualified for first two years and Rs 20,000 per month + HRA if applicable for third year.
- Rs 16,000 per month + HRA for B.E./B.Tech. Degree for first two years and Rs 18,000 per month + HRA ifapplicable for third year.
The candidates recruited for the above position are encouraged to register for the Ph.D. programme at DA-IICT within 1 year from the date of joining.
How to apply
Please send a CV (including a list of publications, if any) and a Statement of Purpose (SOP) by e-mail to any ONE of the following depending on the area.
1. Image Processing and Computer Vision: Dr Manjunath Joshi, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar; e-mail: email@example.com Homepage: http://intranet.daiict.ac.in/~mv_joshi/ Or Dr Mukesh Zaveri, SVNIT, Surat. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Speech signal Processing and Acoustics: Dr Hemant A. Patil, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar; e-mail: email@example.com Homepage: http://intranet.daiict.ac.in/~hemant_patil/ Last date for receiving applications: 15 April 2011