Job Role : Junior FullStack Application Developer
About Janastu : Janastu.org is a 20 year old collective developing open-source software with on the ground communities in mind. See open.janastu.org for a glimpse on our ongoing work and projects we are aspiring to bring out. Every few years we revamp our tools based on the state of art in devices, technology stack, community readiness and new possibilities that help us design for all genders, all literacy levels with special attention to the needs of people in India like contexts. We are also striving for the applications to be internet-independent and dWeb ready.
As a part of your job, you will be building products targeted at offline first, illiterate or low/semi-literate and high literate communities equally. You will be focusing on improving the product, applying various technology paradigm's to enable our users to access technology.
Experience expected : 1 - 3 years
Tech Skills :
Job Description :
As a part of your everyday role, you will expected to
1. Design client-side and server-side architecture
2. Work with various stakeholders to take forward product roadmap
3. Build the front-end of applications gathering inputs from various stakeholders
4. Develop and manage well-functioning application applying principles of TDD
5. Develop and design RESTful services and APIs
6. Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency (ex: performance)
7. Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
8. Write technical documentation (Both API and user documentation) collaborating with stakeholders
9. have a strong sense of ownership and drive
10. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
11. Write and adopt to FOSS everyday
Nice to have
1. You love to stay with the users and develop with them
2. Ability to learn and adopt to new technology stack and implement them.
3. Experience in working with small team with non-dedicated roles (like not having a dedicated tester)
4. Experience working with Archive or illiterate / low-literate products or FOSS communities.
Job Location: This is a hybrid role. Our base office is established in Tumkur, Karnataka, and you would be expected to be office atleast 2 days a week or depending on the need.
1. Salary as per industry standards
2. During travel to Tumkur, we will cover the expenses incurred and office has safe spaces for stay. Food is take care during your stay.
Holiday Policy :
Let us know before hand. We care more about ownership and ability to drive over limiting holidays
How to Apply:
Write a simple Django application, which does the following
1. Displays your resume and does basic CRUD operations.
2. Make sure your email contains your work experience, contact and reference to any code you have contributed so far (Git or any similar systems), hosted in any host like Fly or pythonanywhere etc.
3. Share the code and the hosted link to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role is open until the right candidate is found. If you are selected for the next round, you would contacted within 4 working days of your email. Emails without both the link will be discarded.